- Windows 8
- Windows Phone 7 and 8
- BlackBerry 5.x+
In the process of learning about PhoneGap, you’ll encounter the name Cordova. In fact, the command-line tool that we’ll use in just a moment to create our PhoneGap project is named Cordova. Simply put, Cordova is the open-source project that is the basis of PhoneGap. Think of it as the engine that drives PhoneGap. In most cases, the names may be used interchangeably.
- Understand the basic knowledge of hybrid mobile app development
- Use Cordova/Phonegap to develop simple mobile applications
- What are hybrid apps?
- Benefits and limitations.Why hybrid apps?
- Native vs Hybrid Apps
2. Understanding basics
- How hybrid apps works?
- What skills are required to develop hybrid apps?
- Mobile-specific enhancements (touch interfaces, screen orientation etc).
- Hybrid application frameworks
- Learning Resources
- Preparing the development environment for Android and IOS
- Know the development tools
4. Application Development
- Cordova Architecture and project structure
- Hello world with cordova
- Understand and implement cordova events and hardware related apis like -
- Camera,Geolocation,Maps,Contacts,Connection,Notification,Storage etc.
- Development of hybrid app with frameworks like jquery Mobile, Ionicframework
5. Testing and Deploying
- Compiling into app
- Testing and debugging Applications
- App submission to google play/ appstore
- Create a cordova mobile app
- Using Build tools like grunt,gulp for better workflow and app optimization
- Using phonegap remote build